You can save up to £240 when you choose a Refurbished or Good As New phone from EE.
If you’re looking for a clever way to save money on your next smartphone, EE offers refurbished and Good As New phones with a saving of up to £10 per month against the normal price. This allows you to save up to £240 over the length of your contract, whilst benefiting from EE’s rigorous quality control tests and a Lifetime Guarantee.
In this article, we’ll look at EE’s refurbished and Good As New phones, including what they are and how you can get them. We’ll also look at the EE’s best refurbished phone deals and how you can keep your current phone number when you switch to EE.
What Are Refurbished & Good As New Phones?
In the UK, EE now offers refurbished and Good As New phones as a cheaper alternative to buying a brand new smartphone.
When you choose a refurbished or Good As New device, you can save up to £240 over a 24 month contract. You’ll also benefit from rigorous quality control checks on the phone, and a guarantee that it’ll be “free from major scratches and all other noticeable marks”.
- EE’s refurbished mobile phones have been professionally checked, repaired and tested before being sold on again. According to EE, refurbished phones might show “more signs of wear including light scratches and scuffs”. Refurbished devices are not provided in the original packaging. However, you’ll get a charger provided, along with a 12-month consumer warranty.
- EE’s Good As New phones are “free from scratches and all other noticeable marks”. According to EE, “you probably wouldn’t be able to tell them apart from brand new phones”. Normally, they’ll have been returned by another customer during the standard 14-day cooling off period (e.g. because they’ve changed their mind). Once returned, the Good As New device will have been extensively tested and reset. It will also be put back into the original box, with all of the normal accessories included.
The following table shows a side-by-side comparison of the two:
|Refurbished||Good As New|
|Saving:||Save £240 (over 24 months)||Save £120 (over 24 months)|
|Condition:||Very Good||Like New|
|Original Packaging:||✘ No, charger only||✔ Yes|
|Warranty:||12-month consumer||12-month manufacturer|
|EE Service Pack:||✔ Yes||✔ Yes|
|14-day Money Back:||✔ Yes||✔ Yes|
|Learn More:||EE Website||EE Website|
On both Refurbished and Good As New phones, you’ll also benefit from EE’s Lifetime Warranty. This covers your device against manufacturer faults for the lifetime of the contract. You’ll also get EE’s Service Pack included which comes with an annual device MOT and more.
For more information about the refurbished and Good As New phones, please see EE’s official website.
EE Refurbished & Good As New Phone Deals
At present, EE offers refurbished & Good As New phone deals including the following:
- Samsung Galaxy S22 – Good As New: From £38 per month (plus £100 upfront, with 4GB data per month)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus – Good As New: From £48 per month (plus £100 upfront, with 4GB data per month)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – Good As New: From £54 per month (plus £100 upfront, with 4GB data per month)
- iPhone 13 – Good As New: From £40 per month (plus £90 upfront, with 1GB data per month)
- iPhone 12 – Good As New: From £34 per month (plus £100 upfront, with 1GB data per month)
- iPhone 11 – Good As New: From £30 per month (plus £50 upfront, with 1GB data per month)
By taking advantage of the discounts available on EE’s Good As New phones, you’ll often be able to get a newer device for the same or for less each month.
To give an example, a brand new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE would cost you £45 per month on EE (plus £70 upfront) for 4GB of data. As an alternative, you could get the Samsung Galaxy S22 – Good As New for just £38 per month. This represents a saving of £7 per month for a newer device.
Similarly, you’ll pay £39 per month (plus £100 upfront) for the iPhone 12 on EE. For just £1 per month extra, you can get the iPhone 13 – Good As New. This is available for £40 per month (plus £90 upfront). Over the course of your 24-month contract, you’ll pay just £14 more to get a newer device.
When you buy a refurbished phone or Good As New phone from EE, you’ll still get all of their normal customer benefits. This includes 6 months of free Apple Music (worth £9.99 per month), giving you ad-free access to more than 90 million songs on-demand. You’ll also get a Smart Benefit included when you choose an EE Smart plan (such as an inclusive subscription to Netflix, Apple Music, Apple TV+ or BT Sport Ultimate for the entire length of your contract).
When you choose a refurbished or Good As New phone, it can also be better for the environment as you’ll be reducing your environmental footprint. If you like, you can also trade in your old device with EE which will help the environment by reducing electronic waste. You’ll also get money back for your old phone, allowing you to reduce your next bill. According to EE, their UK network is also powered by 100% renewable energy.
Keeping Your Phone Number
If you’re switching from another UK network to take advantage of EE’s phone deals, it’s a straightforward process keeping your current phone number.
Start by ordering your refurbished or Good As New phone from EE’s website. Once you’ve done that, you can request a PAC Code from your old network. You can get one through your mobile network’s app or website, or by texting PAC to 65075.
Once your new mobile phone arrives, you’ll be able to fill out this online form to transfer your phone number. You’ll need to provide the PAC Code from your old network, along with the phone number you’d like to keep. Your phone number transfer will then be scheduled by EE, normally for the next working day.
For a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your phone number to EE, please select your current mobile network from the drop down menu below:
For more information about refurbished and Good As New phone deals, please see EE’s official website.