Talkmobile has launched 5G at no extra cost, giving you faster download speeds on their SIM-only plans from £4.95 per month.
In the UK, Talkmobile has just added 5G at no extra cost to all of their SIM-only plans. You can now get a Talkmobile 5G SIM card from only £4.95 per month, giving you access to faster 5G download speeds in more than 140 UK locations. You’ll also get Wi-Fi Calling, 4G Calling and 99.9% population coverage on Vodafone’s 4G network.
In this article, we’ll look at the launch of 5G on Talkmobile including the benefits available and Talkmobile’s 5G SIM-only deals. We’ll also look at the coverage available on Talkmobile and how you can keep your current phone number when switching to the service.
5G on Talkmobile
In the UK, Talkmobile has launched their next-generation 5G mobile service. This is now available at no extra cost to all SIM-only mobile customers. Powered by Vodafone’s 5G network, it gives you the following benefits compared to 4G:
- You’ll get much faster download speeds on 5G. On Talkmobile’s 5G network, the download speeds will normally be around five to ten times faster than 4G. According to Vodafone, the average download speed on 5G is around 150-200Mbps. To put that in perspective, it will allow you to download a whole album in around 5 seconds and a HD-quality movie in around 4 minutes. It should also make browsing the web and using social media much faster and quicker to load.
- You’ll benefit from more reliable connectivity. 5G mobile networks have a lot more capacity compared to their predecessors. What that means is a lot more people can be using their phones at the same time without it causing the network to slow down. This is highly beneficial when you’re using your mobile phone in busy places such as sports stadiums, shopping centres, train stations and more.
- You’ll get a more responsive mobile service. On Talkmobile’s 5G network, you’ll benefit from lower amounts of latency compared to 4G. This refers to the amount of time it takes for data from your phone to travel to the network and back. The faster and more responsive connection is beneficial for apps like online gaming.
You’ll need a 5G-ready phone to be able to use 5G on Talkmobile. You’ll also need to be in their 5G coverage area, which currently spans more than 140 UK locations.
In addition to the 5G service, you’ll get 99.9% population coverage on Vodafone’s 2G, 3G and 4G networks. You’ll also get Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling included on Talkmobile, providing you have a mobile phone that’s compatible with the technology.
Talkmobile 5G SIM Only Deals
Talkmobile now offers the following 5G-ready SIM cards from £4.95 per month:
Some of the most popular plans include 4GB data for £4.95, 12GB data for £6.95 and 30GB data for £7.95. According to Ofcom (the UK’s telecommunications regulator), the average UK mobile customer uses around 4.5GB of data each month. This means many people will be able to get a 5G plan with all the data they need for about £5 per month. If you’re a heavy mobile user, you can get a lot more data on your plan for around £10 per month.
Alongside your allowance of 5G data, unlimited UK minutes and unlimited UK texts, you’ll also benefit from inclusive roaming in 41 European destinations on Talkmobile (subject to a 15GB per month fair use limit). There’s also Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling if you have a compatible mobile phone, along with the ability to use tethering and personal hotspot at no extra cost.
Network & Coverage
On Talkmobile, you’ll have access to 5G coverage in 141 UK locations. This is powered by Vodafone’s 5G network. You’ll also have 5G coverage when you travel abroad to another 239 towns and cities across the rest of Europe. This means you’ll have 5G coverage in a total of 380 locations.
To see whether 5G is available in your area, you can enter your postcode on Talkmobile’s online coverage map:
If you’re not yet able to get 5G in your area, you’ll still have access to Vodafone’s 2G, 3G and 4G networks. This gives you 99.9% population coverage across the UK.
On compatible mobile phones, you’ll also be able to access both Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling on Talkmobile:
- Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive phone calls and text messages, whenever you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network. This means you can stay connected, even in places where a mobile signal isn’t available (e.g. underground).
- 4G Calling allows you to make and receive phone calls using a 4G connection. You’ll benefit from HD-quality phone calls along with faster download speeds when you’re on a call.
For more information, see the Talkmobile website.
Keeping Your Phone Number
If you’re switching from another mobile network to take advantage of 5G on Talkmobile, it’s easy keeping your current phone number.
Start by asking your current mobile network to give you a PAC Code. You can get one through your mobile network’s website or app, or by texting PAC to 65075.
Once you have the PAC Code from your old network, you can order your new Talkmobile SIM card online.
To complete the number transfer process, you’ll need to give your PAC Code to Talkmobile. You can either do this when you sign up, or you can wait until your Talkmobile SIM card arrives. Once you’ve given your PAC Code to Talkmobile, your phone number will normally be transferred on the next working day.
For a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your phone number to Talkmobile, please select your current mobile network from the drop-down menu below:
For more information about Talkmobile’s SIM-only deals, please see the official Talkmobile website.