Whether you're joining Talkmobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Talkmobile to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Talkmobile, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Talkmobile and joining another network
Transfer your Talkmobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Talkmobile from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Talkmobile.
- I'm upgrading my Talkmobile phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Talkmobile account to another Talkmobile account.
Leaving Talkmobile For Another Network
If you're leaving Talkmobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Talkmobile.
There are three ways to request a Talkmobile PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Talkmobile by logging in to the Talkmobile account website. Once you've logged in, go to My PAC/STAC.
- By Text Message: You can get a Talkmobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Talkmobile.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Talkmobile. To do this, call them on 5888 using your Talkmobile handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 304 8064 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Talkmobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Talkmobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Talkmobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your Talkmobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your Talkmobile PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your Talkmobile phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Talkmobile instead.
Talkmobile STAC Code (Leave Talkmobile Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Talkmobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Talkmobile STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Talkmobile:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Talkmobile by logging in to the Talkmobile account website. After logging in, go to My PAC/STAC.
- By Text Message: You can get a Talkmobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Talkmobile.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Talkmobile. Call them on 5888 using your Talkmobile handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 304 8064 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Talkmobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Talkmobile STAC Code.
Joining Talkmobile From Another Network
If you're joining Talkmobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Talkmobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Talkmobile's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Talkmobile deals, please see this page on Talkmobile's website.
If you're buying your new Talkmobile plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Talkmobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Talkmobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Talkmobile by calling 5888 on your Talkmobile handset. You can also call 0333 304 8064 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to Talkmobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Talkmobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Talkmobile
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Talkmobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Talkmobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Talkmobile price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Talkmobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Talkmobile PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Talkmobile.