Whether you're joining EE or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving EE to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join EE, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving EE and joining another network
Transfer your EE phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining EE from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to EE.
- I'm upgrading my EE phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one EE account to another EE account.
Leaving EE For Another Network
If you're leaving EE to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from EE.
There are three ways to request an EE PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from EE by logging in to the My EE website. Once you've logged in, go to Menu > Account settings > Leave EE.
- By Text Message: You can get an EE PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from EE.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling EE. To do this, call them on 150 using your EE handset. Alternatively, dial 07953 966 250 from any other phone. You'll need to call during EE's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 8am-6pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from EE, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your EE contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your EE PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your EE PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your EE phone number? You can request a STAC Code from EE instead.
EE STAC Code (Leave EE Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave EE without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request an EE STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from EE:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from EE by logging in to the My EE website. After logging in, go to Menu > Account settings > Leave EE.
- By Text Message: You can get an EE STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from EE.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling EE. Call them on 150 using your EE handset. Alternatively, dial 07953 966 250 from any other phone. You'll need to call during EE's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 8am-6pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your EE STAC Code.
Joining EE From Another Network
If you're joining EE from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to EE.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from EE's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest EE deals, please see this page on EE's website.
If you're buying your new EE plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from EE, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through EE's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to EE by calling 150 on your EE handset. You can also call 07953 966 250 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 5.30pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 5.30pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from EE first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On EE
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get an EE PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via EE's website. For more information, please select the type of EE price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the EE website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using an EE PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to EE.