Switching from Plusnet Mobile to EE? It's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
Step 1: Get a PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile
If you’d like to move your phone number from Plusnet Mobile to EE, the first step is getting your Porting Authorisation Code (or PAC Code) from Plusnet Mobile.
There are three ways to get a PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile by logging in to the Plusnet Mobile account website. Once you've logged in, go to Account Details > Transfer your mobile account > Thinking of leaving.
- By Text Message: You can get a Plusnet Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Plusnet Mobile. To do this, call them on 500 using your Plusnet Mobile handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 1133 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Plusnet Mobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 7.30am-8pm, Saturday 7.30am-8pm, Sunday 7.30am-4pm).
Here are some key things to know:
- A PAC Code is 9 digits long and follows the format ABC 123 456.
- Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it during this time, the PAC Code will expire and you'll need to request a new one.
- You shouldn't close your account at Plusnet Mobile: it'll be closed automatically when your phone number is transferred to EE.
Still in contract with Plusnet Mobile? If so, you may need to pay an early exit fee on your bill from Plusnet Mobile. To find out how much this would be, text INFO to 87075.
Don’t want to keep your Plusnet Mobile phone number? You can switch to EE without taking your phone number with you. If you'd like to do this, get a STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile instead.
Plusnet Mobile STAC Code (Leave Plusnet Mobile Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Plusnet Mobile without keeping your phone number, you’ll need to request a STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile by logging in to the Plusnet Mobile account website. After logging in, go to Account Details > Transfer your mobile account > Thinking of leaving.
- By Text Message: You can get a Plusnet Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Plusnet Mobile. Call them on 500 using your Plusnet Mobile handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 1133 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Plusnet Mobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 7.30am-8pm, Saturday 7.30am-8pm, Sunday 7.30am-4pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile, the rest of the process for joining EE remains the same.
Step 2: Order your new phone or SIM card from EE's website
You should now order your new phone or SIM card using the EE website. Please select the type of tariff you're intending to move to:
If you're looking for a SIM card from EE, the following deals from £10/month are currently most popular:
For a full list of available tariffs and the latest EE deals, please refer to this page on EE's website.
Alternatively, if you're getting your EE plan from a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
EE will assign you with a temporary phone number during the transition process. This will allow you to test out the service before you finally transfer your phone number to EE.
Step 3: Give the PAC Code to EE
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from EE, switch it on and make sure everything's working properly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change the handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the phone number transfer, contact EE and provide them with your PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile.
Your PAC Code should be entered on EE's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to EE by calling 150 on your EE handset. You can also call 07953 966 250 from any other phone.
If you have a STAC Code from Plusnet Mobile rather than a PAC Code, this can be provided to EE in the exact same way.
- You must provide the PAC Code to EE within 30 days of it being issued by Plusnet Mobile. If the PAC Code has already expired, you'll need to return to step 1 and request a new PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile.
Step 4: Phone Number Transferred (Next Working Day)
As long as you've submitted your PAC Code to EE before 5.30pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). After 5.30pm, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
On the day of the transfer, you'll momentarily lose coverage on both mobile networks. When this happens, restart your handset on EE. You should find that the EE phone or SIM card will now associated with your original phone number.
- If you see an error message (e.g. "SIM card registration failed"), this means it's time to restart your phone.
- Once the phone number has been transferred to EE, your account on Plusnet Mobile will automatically be closed. You'll receive a final bill from Plusnet Mobile for any outstanding charges.
Any Other Questions?
In case of any problems during the transfer of your phone number, you should contact your new mobile network (EE) with details of the problem.
If you have any other questions on using a PAC Code, please see my in-depth guide to transferring your phone number between networks. You can also read the comments below from other visitors to this website.