Whether you're joining Vodafone or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Vodafone to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Vodafone, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Vodafone and joining another network
Transfer your Vodafone phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Vodafone from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Vodafone.
- I'm upgrading my Vodafone phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Vodafone account to another Vodafone account.
Leaving Vodafone For Another Network
If you're leaving Vodafone to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Vodafone.
There are three ways to request a Vodafone PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Vodafone by logging in to the My Vodafone website. Once you've logged in, go to Account settings > Mobile switching.
- By Text Message: You can get a Vodafone PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Vodafone.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Vodafone. To do this, call them on 191 using your Vodafone handset. Alternatively, dial 03333 040 191 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Vodafone's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 8am-9pm, Sunday 8am-9pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Vodafone, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Vodafone contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your Vodafone PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your Vodafone PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your Vodafone phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Vodafone instead.
Vodafone STAC Code (Leave Vodafone Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Vodafone without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Vodafone STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Vodafone:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Vodafone by logging in to the My Vodafone website. After logging in, go to Account settings > Mobile switching.
- By Text Message: You can get a Vodafone STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Vodafone.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Vodafone. Call them on 191 using your Vodafone handset. Alternatively, dial 03333 040 191 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Vodafone's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 8am-9pm, Sunday 8am-9pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Vodafone STAC Code.
Joining Vodafone From Another Network
If you're joining Vodafone from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Vodafone.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Vodafone's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Vodafone deals, please see this page on Vodafone's website.
If you're buying your new Vodafone plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Vodafone, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Vodafone's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Vodafone by calling 191 on your Vodafone handset. You can also call 03333 040 191 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 5pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 5pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Vodafone first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Vodafone
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Vodafone PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Vodafone's website. For more information, please select the type of Vodafone price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Vodafone website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Vodafone PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Vodafone.