EE’s Black Friday deals include unlimited fibre broadband for £22/month and Fibre Max broadband for £31/month.
In the UK, EE has launched their Black Friday 2021 home broadband deals. There are significant savings to be had across both their Fibre and Fibre Max plans, including a £5/month discount on Fibre broadband and up to an £8/month saving on Fibre Max broadband (EE’s full fibre broadband service).
In this article, we’ll look at EE’s Black Friday 2021 home broadband deals. We’ll start by comparing the best Fibre broadband and Fibre Max broadband deals. We’ll then look at the inclusive features you’ll get on EE broadband and the optional add-ons such as Smart WiFi, the Apple TV 4K and the landline calling plans. We’ll also look at how you can change your broadband provider to EE.
EE Home Broadband Black Friday Deals
EE Broadband Offers
As a special offer for Black Friday 2021, EE has discounted their standard broadband and fibre broadband plans. For instance, you can now get their Fibre broadband service (with an average download speed of 36Mbps) for only £22/month. This is reduced from the normal price of £27/month. You can also get Fibre Plus broadband (with an average download speed of 67Mbps) for £25/month. This compares to the normal price of £31/month.
The following table shows EE’s Black Friday 2021 deals on standard broadband and fibre broadband:
|Service||Average Speed||Contract Length||Upfront Price||Monthly Price|
|36Mbps download||24 month contract||£0||£26/month|
|10Mbps download||24 month contract||£10||£27/month|
EE Fibre Plus
|67Mbps download||24 month contract||£0||£28.50/month|
EE Fibre Max Broadband Offers
If you’re living at an address with access to full fibre (FTTP) broadband, you can get one of EE’s Fibre Max deals from £31/month during the Black Friday sale. You can choose from the three following Fibre Max plans:
- Full Fibre Max 100: Now available for just £31/month with free set-up, this gives you full fibre broadband with an average download speed of 145Mbps (this is around four times faster than normal fibre broadband). It will allow you to stream ultra-HD video on up to six devices at the same time, or you can download a full HD quality film in around four minutes.
- Full Fibre Max 500: Now available for £40/month with free set-up, this gives you an average download speed of 500Mbps. It’s more than 12 times faster than normal fibre broadband so your entire household can use the internet at the same time.
- Full Fibre Max 900: EE’s fastest full fibre plan is called Full Fibre Max 900. Now available for just £49/month during the Black Friday sale, it gives you the ultimate internet experience. Full Fibre Max 900 broadband is about 25 times faster than normal fibre broadband so your entire house can stream, download and game to their heart’s content.
The following table shows EE’s best full fibre deals for Black Friday 2021:
|Service||Average Speed||Contract Length||Upfront Price||Monthly Price|
EE Fibre Max 100
|145Mbps download||24 month contract||£0||£32/month|
EE Fibre Max 500
|500Mbps download||24 month contract||£0||£40.50/month|
EE Full Fibre Max 900
|900Mbps download||24 month contract||£0||£50/month|
At present, EE’s Fibre Max plans are only available in around 20% of UK homes. You can check the availability of the plans where you live by entering your postcode on EE’s broadband availability checker.
EE Broadband Features
According to EE, their home broadband service includes “everything you need and nothing you don’t”. For instance, you’ll get unlimited data included on all of EE’s home broadband plans. You won’t, however, get a landline service with it, nor will EE give you extras like an inclusive email service.
You’ll now get all of the following features as standard on EE home broadband:
- Unlimited data. All of EE’s home broadband plans come with unlimited data so you can download as much as you like. There are no data caps so there’s no need to worry about your usage.
- Broadband without a landline. As most people now use their mobile phone for staying in touch, EE no longer requires you get a home phone service with EE broadband. This allows you to save money and gives you a more reliable broadband service.
- Norton Security Premium. You’ll get 12 months of free Norton Security Premium anti-virus with EE broadband. This allows you to protect up to 10 devices including your PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet.
- UK & Ireland customer support. According to EE, their call centres are rated number 1 for broadband customer service. All customer support phone calls are answered in the UK or Ireland.
- EE Mobile Data Boost. If you’re an EE pay monthly mobile customer, you’ll get extra data on your mobile phone when you take an EE home broadband plan. This will be either 5GB per month or 20GB per month depending on the broadband plan and phone plan you have.
EE Broadband Add-Ons
If you’re looking for a little bit extra from your home broadband service, there are a range of add-ons available for your EE home broadband service.
For an extra £10 per month, you can add EE’s Smart WiFi service. This gives you three additional benefits:
- A wi-fi boosting Smart Disc to extend your home Wi-Fi network. EE’s Wi-Fi boosting Smart Disc uses mesh networking technology to extend the range of your home Wi-Fi network. This is particularly useful if you aren’t normally able to get Wi-Fi in every room of your home. You can get up to three Smart Discs from EE to extend the range of your network.
- An upgraded router with the EE Home app. With Smart WiFi, you’ll get EE’s next-generation Smart Wi-Fi Router. As well as giving you better Wi-Fi performance, it allows you to use the EE Home app to manage your home network.
- A 4GEE WiFi Mini portable hotspot, with extra data if there’s a fault with your home broadband. You’ll get a 4GEE WiFi Mini hotspot included with the Smart WiFi add-on. This gives you mobile broadband on EE’s 4G network, allowing up to 20 devices to stay connected to the internet on-the-go. You’ll also get 2GB of data included every month on the hotspot. Should there ever be a fault with your home broadband service, the 4GEE WiFi Mini will be boosted with another 250GB of data.
For more information, you can read our EE Smart WiFi review.
By default, EE no longer includes a landline with their fibre broadband service.
If you’d still like to use a landline for calling, you can add a home phone service to your EE fibre broadband plan (this excludes full fibre plans). The landline plans are available from an extra £2.09 per month:
- For £2.09/month, you can add Pay As You Go calls. This doesn’t have any inclusive minutes so you’ll be charged for calls on a Pay As You Go basis.
- For £8.36/month, you can add anytime calls to UK landlines & mobiles. This gives you inclusive calls to UK landlines plus 1,500 minutes for calling UK mobiles.
- For £12.54/month, you can add anytime UK & international calls. This gives you inclusive calls to UK landlines plus 1,500 minutes for calling UK mobiles and international landlines in 50 destinations.
If you only want home broadband without a landline, you can skip this step and save yourself some money each month.
Apple TV 4K with BT Sport
If you’re an EE pay monthly mobile customer, you can add an Apple TV 4K box to your EE home broadband plan. This will cost you an extra £15 per month, with access to BT Sport included within the price.
Using your Apple TV 4K box, you’ll be able to stream from applications like BBC iPlayer and YouTube. You can also watch TV shows and movies through services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and NOW as long as you have a subscription to the relevant service.
Switching To EE Broadband
If you’re switching your home broadband from another provider to EE, it’s a straightforward process to do this.
Start by ordering your new broadband plan from EE’s website. You can benefit from their best Black Friday deals when you order through this link. At the end of the order process, you’ll be given the expected go-live date for your new EE broadband service (this will normally be in around 2 weeks time).
In advance of the switchover date, EE will normally contact your older provider to cancel the old broadband service for you. This is unless you’re a Virgin Media customer, in which case, you’ll need to contact them directly to cancel. If you’re charged for cancelling your old contract early, you can apply for £50 cancellation credit from EE.
For step-by-step instructions on how to change your broadband provider to EE, please select your current provider from the drop-down menu below:
Switch to EE Broadband
Your step-by-step guide to switching
For further information, see our in-depth guide to switching broadband providers in the UK.