Whether you're joining Virgin Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Virgin to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Virgin, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Virgin and joining another network
Transfer your Virgin Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Virgin from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Virgin Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my Virgin phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Virgin account to another Virgin account.
Leaving Virgin For Another Network
If you're leaving Virgin Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Virgin.
There are three ways to request a Virgin PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Virgin by logging in to the Virgin Mobile Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Virgin Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Virgin.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Virgin Mobile. To do this, call them on 789 using your Virgin handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Virgin's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-11.59pm, Saturday 8am-11.59pm, Sunday 8am-11.59pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Virgin Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Virgin Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your Virgin Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Virgin phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Virgin instead.
Virgin STAC Code (Leave Virgin Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Virgin Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Virgin STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Virgin:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Virgin by logging in to the Virgin Mobile Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Virgin Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC followed by your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Virgin.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Virgin Mobile. Call them on 789 using your Virgin handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Virgin's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-11.59pm, Saturday 8am-11.59pm, Sunday 8am-11.59pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Virgin STAC Code.
Joining Virgin From Another Network
If you're joining Virgin Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Virgin Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Virgin's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Virgin deals, please see this page on Virgin Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Virgin Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, You can give the PAC Code to Virgin Mobile by calling 789 on your Virgin Mobile handset. You can also call 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 6pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 6pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Virgin Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Virgin
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Virgin Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Virgin Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Virgin price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Virgin Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Virgin PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Virgin Mobile.