Whether you're joining Three or leaving for a different network, it's a straightforward process to keep your old phone number.

Three PAC CodeIf you're leaving Three and joining another network or if you're leaving another network in order to join Three, it's easy to keep your old phone number. All you need to do is to request a PAC Code: it's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.

For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:

Leaving Three For Another Network


If you're leaving Three and joining another network, you can take your phone number with you.

Start by asking Three to issue you with a PAC Code. You can get a PAC Code from Three by calling 333 on your Three handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.

You can request a PAC Code over the phone at any time during Three's opening hours:

Monday - Friday8.00am - 8.00pm
Saturday9.00am - 6.00pm
Sunday9.00am - 6.00pm

It's always free to get a PAC Code from Three (it's your legal entitlement). After getting your Three PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new network operator from the dropdown menu below:

PAC Code Finder: How to use your Three PAC Code

Your new network provider:

Joining Three From Another Network


If you're joining Three from another network, you should ask your old network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your number to Three.

After getting the PAC Code, you should order your new handset or SIM card directly from Three's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:

For a full list of the latest Three deals, please see this page on Three's website.

Get the Latest Deals from Three →

Once Your New Phone Arrives...

Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Three, turn it on and make sure everything's working properly. If you need to return or change the new handset/SIM card, please do this before you transfer your phone number.

Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be entered on Three's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Three by calling 333 on your Three handset. You can also call 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.

Providing your PAC Code to Three
The PAC Code should be submitted through a form on Three's website.

If your PAC Code is provided before 5.00pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 5.00pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.

Upgrading Your Plan On Three


If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to use a Three PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Three's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're planning to move to:

More Information

For more information, please see the Three website. You can also read our full guide on using a PAC Code: there's frequently asked questions amongst other tips for transferring your phone number.

For discussion, please see the comments on this page. They show other people's experiences either when using a Three PAC Code or when transferring their phone number from another network to Three.

Your Comments 1,620 so far

We would love to hear your comments: either about using a Three PAC Code or transferring your phone number from another network to Three. The comments below are all from people who've done the same thing in the past. You can contribute by adding your own comments here.

To see all 1620 comments about transferring a phone number, please see the main PAC Codes article.

  • Xiyue Zhuang said:

    I’ve been trying to get a PAC code from EE via text, but every time I request it Three sends a PAC code to me instead even though I sent it using my EE number. This is just really stupid. Will I have to call them instead?

    Xiyue Zhuang transferred a phone number from EE to Three.

    • Hi Xiyue,
      That’s really strange! To confirm, you’re sending the text message using your EE SIM card as opposed to your Three SIM card? If so, I’m not sure why this might be happening. However, you can side-step this issue by requesting your PAC Code online from your EE account area.

  • Keith James said:

    Hi I have moved from 3 to ee and transferred my number. Got PAC code from 3 gave it to ee. EE have transferred my number and sent me a text to say it is completed but the number is still live on 3. I can now use the same number on both networks. What has gone wrong ?

    Keith James transferred a phone number from Three to EE.

    • Hi Keith,
      Many thanks for your comment: this is a rather odd situation. What happens when you call through to the phone number (ideally, testing this from a different mobile network like O2 or Vodafone)? Does it connect to Three or EE? This shouldn’t normally happen, but usually it’s the responsibility of your new mobile network (so EE) to resolve problems with the port.

  • Hi, its 4 pm on thursday, I have just given 3 my PAC code to transfer my number from EE however, I leave the country tomorrow for 6 months at 11:30 am, will this cause problems with transferring my number?

    Anon transferred a phone number from EE to Three.

    • Hi Anon,
      Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I don’t know what will happen in this case – typically, it’s recommended that you’re in the UK on the day of the phone number transfer. However, I’m not sure whether it will stop the number transfer working if you go abroad during that time. This is probably a question that’s best directed to Three (the mobile network you’re joining).
      Safe travels,

Load more comments (156)

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will never be published. By default, I'll use it to send you an update when there are replies to your comment. However, if you don't want to receive this, you can disable it using the dropdown menu below: