Whether you're joining Three or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Three to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Three, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Three and joining another network
Transfer your Three phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Three from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Three.
- I'm upgrading my Three phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Three account to another Three account.
Leaving Three For Another Network
If you're leaving Three to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Three.
There are three ways to request a Three PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Three by logging in to the My3 Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Three PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Three.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Three. To do this, call them on 333 using your Three handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 338 1001 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Three's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-6pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Three, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Three contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
The PAC Code you recieve from Three should begin with HTG and should be 9 digits long (e.g. HTG 123 456).
Once you have your Three PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Three phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Three instead.
Three STAC Code (Leave Three Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Three without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Three STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Three:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Three by logging in to the My3 Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Three STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Three.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Three. Call them on 333 using your Three handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 338 1001 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Three's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-6pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Three STAC Code.
Joining Three From Another Network
If you're joining Three from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Three.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Three's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Three deals, please see this page on Three's website.
If you're buying your new Three plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Three, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Three's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Three by calling 333 on your Three handset. You can also call 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 5pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 5pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Three first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Three
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Three PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Three's website. For more information, please select the type of Three price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Three website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Three PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Three.