Whether you're joining Tesco Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Tesco to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Tesco, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Tesco and joining another network
Transfer your Tesco Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Tesco from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Tesco Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my Tesco phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Tesco account to another Tesco account.
Leaving Tesco For Another Network
If you're leaving Tesco Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Tesco.
There are three ways to request a Tesco PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Tesco by logging in to the Tesco Mobile account website. Once you've logged in, go to Request a PAC.
- By Text Message: You can get a Tesco Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Tesco.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Tesco Mobile. To do this, call them on 4455 using your Tesco handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 301 4455 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Tesco's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 10am-6pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Tesco Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Tesco Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
The PAC Code you recieve from Tesco should begin with TSC and should be 9 digits long (e.g. TSC 123 456).
Once you have your Tesco Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Tesco phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Tesco instead.
Tesco STAC Code (Leave Tesco Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Tesco Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Tesco STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Tesco:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Tesco by logging in to the Tesco Mobile account website. After logging in, go to Request a PAC.
- By Text Message: You can get a Tesco Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Tesco.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Tesco Mobile. Call them on 4455 using your Tesco handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 301 4455 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Tesco's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 10am-6pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Tesco STAC Code.
Joining Tesco From Another Network
If you're joining Tesco Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Tesco Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Tesco's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Tesco deals, please see this page on Tesco Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Tesco Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Tesco Mobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Tesco Mobile by calling 4455 on your Tesco Mobile handset. You can also call 0345 301 4455 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to Tesco Mobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Tesco Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Tesco
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Tesco Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Tesco Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Tesco price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Tesco Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Tesco PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Tesco Mobile.