Whether you're joining Sky Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Sky to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Sky, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Sky and joining another network
Transfer your Sky Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Sky from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Sky Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my Sky phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Sky account to another Sky account.
Leaving Sky For Another Network
If you're leaving Sky Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Sky.
There are three ways to request a Sky PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Sky by logging in to the Sky Account website. Once you've logged in, go to My Account > Mobile > My Number.
- By Text Message: You can get a Sky Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Sky.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Sky Mobile. To do this, call them on 03300 412 524 using your Sky handset. Alternatively, dial 03300 412 524 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Sky's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8.30am-11pm, Saturday 8.30am-11pm, Sunday 8.30am-11pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Sky Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Sky Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your Sky Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Sky phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Sky instead.
Sky STAC Code (Leave Sky Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Sky Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Sky STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Sky:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Sky by logging in to the Sky Account website. After logging in, go to My Account > Mobile > My Number.
- By Text Message: You can get a Sky Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Sky.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Sky Mobile. Call them on 03300 412 524 using your Sky handset. Alternatively, dial 03300 412 524 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Sky's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8.30am-11pm, Saturday 8.30am-11pm, Sunday 8.30am-11pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Sky STAC Code.
Joining Sky From Another Network
If you're joining Sky Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Sky Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Sky's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Sky deals, please see this page on Sky Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Sky Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Sky Mobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Sky Mobile by calling 03300 412 524 on your Sky Mobile handset. You can also call 03300 412 524 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 5pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 5pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Sky Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Sky
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Sky Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Sky Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Sky price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Sky Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Sky PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Sky Mobile.