Whether you're joining Lebara Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Lebara to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Lebara, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Lebara and joining another network
Transfer your Lebara Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Lebara from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Lebara Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my Lebara phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Lebara account to another Lebara account.
Leaving Lebara For Another Network
If you're leaving Lebara Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Lebara.
There are three ways to request a Lebara PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Lebara by logging in to the Lebara Mobile website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Lebara Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Lebara.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Lebara Mobile. To do this, call them on 5588 using your Lebara handset. Alternatively, dial 020 3059 0304 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Lebara's opening hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 9am-5.30pm, Sunday 9am-5.30pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Lebara Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one.
Once you have your Lebara Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Lebara phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Lebara instead.
Lebara STAC Code (Leave Lebara Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Lebara Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Lebara STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Lebara:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Lebara by logging in to the Lebara Mobile website.
- By Text Message: You can get a Lebara Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Lebara.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Lebara Mobile. Call them on 5588 using your Lebara handset. Alternatively, dial 020 3059 0304 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Lebara's opening hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 9am-5.30pm, Sunday 9am-5.30pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Lebara STAC Code.
Joining Lebara From Another Network
If you're joining Lebara Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Lebara Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Lebara's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Lebara deals, please see this page on Lebara Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Lebara Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, You can give the PAC Code to Lebara Mobile by calling 5588 on your Lebara Mobile handset. You can also call 020 3059 0304 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to Lebara Mobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Lebara Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Lebara
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Lebara Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Lebara Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Lebara price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Lebara Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Lebara PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Lebara Mobile.