Whether you're joining iD Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving iD to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join iD, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving iD and joining another network
Transfer your iD Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining iD from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to iD Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my iD phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one iD account to another iD account.
Leaving iD For Another Network
If you're leaving iD Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from iD.
There are three ways to request an iD PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from iD by logging in to the iD Mobile Account website. Once you've logged in, go to My Account > End my plan.
- By Text Message: You can get an iD Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from iD.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling iD Mobile. To do this, call them on 7777 using your iD handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 003 7777 from any other phone. You'll need to call during iD's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from iD Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your iD Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your iD Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your iD PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your iD phone number? You can request a STAC Code from iD instead.
iD STAC Code (Leave iD Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave iD Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request an iD STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from iD:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from iD by logging in to the iD Mobile Account website. After logging in, go to My Account > End my plan.
- By Text Message: You can get an iD Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from iD.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling iD Mobile. Call them on 7777 using your iD handset. Alternatively, dial 0333 003 7777 from any other phone. You'll need to call during iD's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your iD STAC Code.
Joining iD From Another Network
If you're joining iD Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to iD Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from iD's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest iD deals, please see this page on iD Mobile's website.
If you're buying your new iD Mobile plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from iD Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through iD Mobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to iD Mobile by calling 7777 on your iD Mobile handset. You can also call 0333 003 7777 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 6pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 6pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from iD Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On iD
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get an iD Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via iD Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of iD price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the iD Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using an iD PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to iD Mobile.