Whether you're joining ASDA Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving ASDA to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join ASDA, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving ASDA and joining another network
Transfer your ASDA Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining ASDA from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to ASDA Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my ASDA phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one ASDA account to another ASDA account.
Leaving ASDA For Another Network
If you're leaving ASDA Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from ASDA.
There are three ways to request an ASDA PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from ASDA by logging in to the ASDA Mobile website.
- By Text Message: You can get an ASDA Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from ASDA.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling ASDA Mobile. To do this, call them on 2732 using your ASDA handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 2732 from any other phone. You'll need to call during ASDA's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from ASDA Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one.
Once you have your ASDA Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your ASDA phone number? You can request a STAC Code from ASDA instead.
ASDA STAC Code (Leave ASDA Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave ASDA Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request an ASDA STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from ASDA:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from ASDA by logging in to the ASDA Mobile website.
- By Text Message: You can get an ASDA Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from ASDA.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling ASDA Mobile. Call them on 2732 using your ASDA handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 2732 from any other phone. You'll need to call during ASDA's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your ASDA STAC Code.
Joining ASDA From Another Network
If you're joining ASDA Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to ASDA Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from ASDA's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest ASDA deals, please see this page on ASDA Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from ASDA Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, You can give the PAC Code to ASDA Mobile by calling 2732 on your ASDA Mobile handset. You can also call 0800 079 2732 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to ASDA Mobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from ASDA Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On ASDA
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get an ASDA Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via ASDA Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of ASDA price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the ASDA Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using an ASDA PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to ASDA Mobile.