Whether you're joining 1pMobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving 1pMobile to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join 1pMobile, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving 1pMobile and joining another network
Transfer your 1pMobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining 1pMobile from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to 1pMobile.
- I'm upgrading my 1pMobile phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one 1pMobile account to another 1pMobile account.
Leaving 1pMobile For Another Network
If you're leaving 1pMobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from 1pMobile.
There are three ways to request a 1pMobile PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from 1pMobile by logging in to the 1pMobile Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a 1pMobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from 1pMobile.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling 1pMobile. To do this, call them on 03333 442278 using your 1pMobile handset. Alternatively, dial 03333 442278 from any other phone. You'll need to call during 1pMobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from 1pMobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one.
Once you have your 1pMobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your 1pMobile phone number? You can request a STAC Code from 1pMobile instead.
1pMobile STAC Code (Leave 1pMobile Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave 1pMobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a 1pMobile STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from 1pMobile:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from 1pMobile by logging in to the 1pMobile Account website.
- By Text Message: You can get a 1pMobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from 1pMobile.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling 1pMobile. Call them on 03333 442278 using your 1pMobile handset. Alternatively, dial 03333 442278 from any other phone. You'll need to call during 1pMobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your 1pMobile STAC Code.
Joining 1pMobile From Another Network
If you're joining 1pMobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to 1pMobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from 1pMobile's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest 1pMobile deals, please see this page on 1pMobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from 1pMobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through 1pMobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to 1pMobile by calling 03333 442278 on your 1pMobile handset. You can also call 03333 442278 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to 1pMobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from 1pMobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On 1pMobile
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a 1pMobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via 1pMobile's website. For more information, please select the type of 1pMobile price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the 1pMobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a 1pMobile PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to 1pMobile.