Whether you're joining TalkTalk Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving TalkTalk to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join TalkTalk, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving TalkTalk and joining another network
Transfer your TalkTalk Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining TalkTalk from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to TalkTalk Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my TalkTalk phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one TalkTalk account to another TalkTalk account.
Leaving TalkTalk For Another Network
If you're leaving TalkTalk Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from TalkTalk.
There are three ways to request a TalkTalk PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from TalkTalk by logging in to the TalkTalk account website. Once you've logged in, go to Switching.
- By Text Message: You can get a TalkTalk Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from TalkTalk.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling TalkTalk Mobile. To do this, call them on 2883 using your TalkTalk handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 172 0044 from any other phone. You'll need to call during TalkTalk's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from TalkTalk Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your TalkTalk Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your TalkTalk Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your TalkTalk PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your TalkTalk phone number? You can request a STAC Code from TalkTalk instead.
TalkTalk STAC Code (Leave TalkTalk Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave TalkTalk Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a TalkTalk STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from TalkTalk:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from TalkTalk by logging in to the TalkTalk account website. After logging in, go to Switching.
- By Text Message: You can get a TalkTalk Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from TalkTalk.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling TalkTalk Mobile. Call them on 2883 using your TalkTalk handset. Alternatively, dial 0345 172 0044 from any other phone. You'll need to call during TalkTalk's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your TalkTalk STAC Code.
Joining TalkTalk From Another Network
If you're joining TalkTalk Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to TalkTalk Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from TalkTalk's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest TalkTalk deals, please see this page on TalkTalk Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from TalkTalk Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, You can give the PAC Code to TalkTalk Mobile by calling 2883 on your TalkTalk Mobile handset. You can also call 0345 172 0044 from any other phone.
If your PAC Code is provided before 4pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). For PAC Codes submitted after the 4pm cut-off, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from TalkTalk Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On TalkTalk
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a TalkTalk Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via TalkTalk Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of TalkTalk price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the TalkTalk Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a TalkTalk PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to TalkTalk Mobile.