Whether you're joining Plusnet Mobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Plusnet to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Plusnet, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Plusnet and joining another network
Transfer your Plusnet Mobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Plusnet from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Plusnet Mobile.
- I'm upgrading my Plusnet phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Plusnet account to another Plusnet account.
Leaving Plusnet For Another Network
If you're leaving Plusnet Mobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Plusnet.
There are three ways to request a Plusnet PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Plusnet by logging in to the Plusnet Mobile account website. Once you've logged in, go to Account Details > Transfer your mobile account > Thinking of leaving.
- By Text Message: You can get a Plusnet Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Plusnet.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Plusnet Mobile. To do this, call them on 500 using your Plusnet handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 1133 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Plusnet's opening hours (Monday-Friday 7.30am-8pm, Saturday 7.30am-8pm, Sunday 7.30am-4pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Plusnet Mobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one. If any cancellation fees apply to your Plusnet Mobile contract, they should also tell you what this will be at the same time as sending you a PAC Code.
Once you have your Plusnet Mobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
Don’t want to keep your Plusnet phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Plusnet instead.
Plusnet STAC Code (Leave Plusnet Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Plusnet Mobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Plusnet STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Plusnet:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Plusnet by logging in to the Plusnet Mobile account website. After logging in, go to Account Details > Transfer your mobile account > Thinking of leaving.
- By Text Message: You can get a Plusnet Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Plusnet.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Plusnet Mobile. Call them on 500 using your Plusnet handset. Alternatively, dial 0800 079 1133 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Plusnet's opening hours (Monday-Friday 7.30am-8pm, Saturday 7.30am-8pm, Sunday 7.30am-4pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Plusnet STAC Code.
Joining Plusnet From Another Network
If you're joining Plusnet Mobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Plusnet Mobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Plusnet's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Plusnet deals, please see this page on Plusnet Mobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Plusnet Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, You can give the PAC Code to Plusnet Mobile by calling 500 on your Plusnet Mobile handset. You can also call 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to Plusnet Mobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Plusnet Mobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Plusnet
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Plusnet Mobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Plusnet Mobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Plusnet price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Plusnet Mobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Plusnet PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Plusnet Mobile.