Whether you're joining Lycamobile or leaving for another network, it's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
If you're leaving Lycamobile to join another network, or if you're leaving another network in order to join Lycamobile, it's super easy to keep your current phone number.
All you'll need to do is to request a PAC Code. It's totally free and the entire process of transferring your phone number should normally take no longer than one working day.
For detailed instructions, please choose the option that best applies to you:
- I'm leaving Lycamobile and joining another network
Transfer your Lycamobile phone number onto a different mobile network.
- I'm joining Lycamobile from another network
Transfer your phone number from another mobile network to Lycamobile.
- I'm upgrading my Lycamobile phone or SIM card
Transfer your phone number from one Lycamobile account to another Lycamobile account.
Leaving Lycamobile For Another Network
If you're leaving Lycamobile to join another mobile network, you can take your phone number with you using a PAC Code from Lycamobile.
There are three ways to request a Lycamobile PAC Code:
- Online: You can get a PAC Code from Lycamobile by logging in to the Lycamobile Account website. Once you've logged in, go to Account Manager > Leave Lycamobile.
- By Text Message: You can get a Lycamobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Lycamobile.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Lycamobile. To do this, call them on 322 using your Lycamobile handset. Alternatively, dial 020 7132 0322 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Lycamobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-6pm).
It's always free to get a PAC Code from Lycamobile, and it's your legal entitlement to be able to recieve one.
Once you have your Lycamobile PAC Code, you'll need to provide it to your new mobile network operator. For detailed instructions, please select your new mobile network from the following dropdown menu:
PAC Code Finder
Find out how to use your Lycamobile PAC Code
Don’t want to keep your Lycamobile phone number? You can request a STAC Code from Lycamobile instead.
Lycamobile STAC Code (Leave Lycamobile Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Lycamobile without keeping your current phone number, you’ll need to request a Lycamobile STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are three ways to get a STAC Code from Lycamobile:
- Online: You can get a STAC Code from Lycamobile by logging in to the Lycamobile Account website. After logging in, go to Account Manager > Leave Lycamobile.
- By Text Message: You can get a Lycamobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Lycamobile.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Lycamobile. Call them on 322 using your Lycamobile handset. Alternatively, dial 020 7132 0322 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Lycamobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-6pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code, the rest of the process for joining your new mobile network remains the same. You can choose your new provider from the dropdown menu above for instructions on how to use your Lycamobile STAC Code.
Joining Lycamobile From Another Network
If you're joining Lycamobile from a different mobile network, you should ask your old mobile network to provide you with a PAC Code. The PAC Code will allow you to transfer your phone number to Lycamobile.
After getting a PAC Code from your old network, you should order your new phone or SIM card directly from Lycamobile's website. For more information, please select the type of tariff you're wanting to move to:
For a full list of the latest Lycamobile deals, please see this page on Lycamobile's website.
When Your New Phone Arrives...
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Lycamobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working correctly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change your handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the transfer, your PAC Code should be submitted through Lycamobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Lycamobile by calling 322 on your Lycamobile handset. You can also call 020 7132 0322 from any other phone.
Once you've provided your PAC code to Lycamobile, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays).
Sometimes, you’ll be given the option to provide a PAC Code at the same time as when you order your new phone or SIM card. We’d typically recommend against providing your PAC Code at this stage. Instead, waiting for the new phone or SIM card to arrive from Lycamobile first will allow you to make sure it’s working correctly and will make the process of cancelling or returning much easier.
Upgrading Your Plan On Lycamobile
If you're simply upgrading to a newer handset or tariff, it's not necessary to get a Lycamobile PAC Code. You can simply upgrade via Lycamobile's website. For more information, please select the type of Lycamobile price plan you're planning to move to:
For more information, please see the Lycamobile website. You can also read our full guide to using a PAC Code. This answers a lot of frequently asked questions and provides some additional tips on transferring your phone number.
For discussion, please see the comments below on this page. They show other people's experiences using a Lycamobile PAC Code or moving their phone number from another network to Lycamobile.