The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro are now available for pre-order on EE. Get 5G coverage along with Smart Benefits & Apple One on selected EE plans.
In the UK, the latest generation of Apple’s iPhone 14 smartphones are now available for pre-order on EE. You can choose from the iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Plus, the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. You’ll get access to EE’s superfast 5G network, along with Smart Benefits and Apple One on selected Pay Monthly plans.
In this article, we’ll look at the latest iPhone 14 handsets, and the best deals currently available for an iPhone 14 on EE. We’ll also look at the benefits of getting an iPhone on EE including the 5G coverage, Smart Benefits and an Apple One subscription. We’ll also look at how you can keep your current phone number when switching to EE.
iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Pro: What’s New?
Apple has announced their latest range of smartphones, which are now available for pre-order on EE:
- The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus have an updated dual-camera system with improved low-light performance compared to the iPhone 13. You’ll get a Super Retina XDR display and Apple’s A15 Bionic processor inside. These two models differ in screen size: you’ll get a 6.1-inch screen on the iPhone 14 and a 6.7-inch screen on the iPhone 14 Plus.
- The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have a brand new look with a ‘Dynamic Island’ that replaces the notch. This gives you a whole new way of interacting with alerts and notifications on your iPhone. You’ll also get an Always-On display, allowing you to easily glance at your notifications. Alongside this, there’s a Pro Camera system with three different cameras, including a 48-megapixel camera that uses a quad-pixel sensor. You’ll also get the next-generation Apple A16 processor for improved performance. These two models also differ in screen size: you’ll get a 6.1-inch display on the iPhone 14 Pro and a 6.7-inch display on the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
The following table shows a side-by-side comparison of the new devices:
iPhone 14 Plus
|iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
|Price (with unlimited data):
+ £30 upfront fee applies
|£68 per month (iPhone 14)
£74 per month (iPhone 14 Plus)
|£80 per month (iPhone 14 Pro)
£84 per month (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
|Screen Size:||6.1″ (iPhone 14)
6.7″ (iPhone 14 Plus)
|6.1″ (iPhone 14 Pro)
6.7″ (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
|Type:||Super Retina XDR (OLED)||Super Retina XDR (OLED)|
|Brightness:||800 nits (typical)
Up to 1,200 nits
|1,000 nits (typical)
Up to 2,000 nits
|Rear Camera:||Pro camera system:
|Flash:||Yes, dual-tone||Yes, dual-tone|
|Processor:||Apple A15 (5nm)||Apple A16 (4nm)|
|Storage:||128GB to 512GB||128GB to 1TB|
|Battery (video playback):||Up to 23 hours (iPhone 14)
Up to 29 hours (iPhone 14 Plus)
|Up to 20 hours (iPhone 14 Pro)
Up to 26 hours (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
|Battery (audio playback):||Up to 75 hours (iPhone 14)
Up to 95 hours (iPhone 14 Plus)
|Up to 80 hours (iPhone 14 Pro)
Up to 100 hours (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
|Weight:||172g (iPhone 14)
203g (iPhone 14 Plus)
|206g (iPhone 14 Pro)
240g (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
|Choose Device:||iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
|iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
All four devices come with the latest iOS 16 operating system, with improvements like a more personalised lock screen with widgets. There’s also a new iCloud Shared Photo Library feature, along with improvements to messaging and new ‘Live Text’ and ‘Visual Lookup’ features. There’s also a new safety feature called ‘Crash Detection’ which can automatically call for help in situations when you can’t.
EE iPhone 14 Deals
EE is currently offering the iPhone 14 handsets on the following plans with unlimited data included:
- iPhone 14: From £68 per month, plus £30 upfront (with unlimited data).
- iPhone 14 Plus: From £74 per month, plus £30 upfront (with unlimited data).
- iPhone 14 Pro: From £80 per month, plus £30 upfront (with unlimited data).
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: From £84 per month, plus £30 upfront (with unlimited data).
A range of cheaper plans are also available if you don’t need unlimited data on your iPhone (e.g. you can also choose EE’s 5GB, 25GB or 125GB data plan).
When you trade-in an eligible device in good working condition, you can save £12 per month on the above price.
When you buy an iPhone 14 on EE, you’ll get access to their award-winning 4G & 5G network.
EE claims to have the UK’s most reliable network, with the fastest download speeds on average and unbeatable 5G. This is based on an independent analysis from RootMetrics (H1 2022). According to RootMetrics, the average download speed on EE’s 5G network is 147Mbps.
As an EE customer, you’ll also have access to Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling on your iPhone. There’s also WiFi Coverage Boost which gives you seamless and secure access to more than 150,000 BT WiFi hotspots across the UK.
Apple One on Full Works
If you choose an iPhone on EE’s Full Works plan, you’ll get Apple One included for the entire length of your contract. This is worth £14.95 per month, and it gives you access to all of the following:
- Apple Music: Stream more than 90 million songs on-demand across your devices without any adverts. You can also access more than 30,000 expertly-curated playlists in the Apple Music app, along with song lyrics, live radio and more.
- Apple TV+: Stream award-winning television series, dramas, documentaries and more through Apple TV+. This includes the Apple Original shows and movies.
- Apple Arcade: Get more than 200 premium games on your iPhone including arcade originals, timeless classics, app store greats, and more. You’ll be able to play all of the games, without any adverts or in-app purchases.
- iCloud+ with 50GB storage: Get 50GB of cloud storage for your photos, files, backups and more. You can also benefit from iCloud Private Relay and additional email privacy features.
Alongside the Apple One subscription, you’ll get EE’s Roam Abroad Pass included (worth £10 per month). This makes it possible to use your inclusive minutes, texts and data when you travel to 47 European destinations and 5 destinations further afield (the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand).
If you choose an iPhone on EE’s All Rounder plans, you’ll get a Smart Benefit included for the entire length of your contract. You can choose from the following options:
- Apple Music: Stream more than 90 million songs on-demand without any adverts (worth £9.99 per month).
- Entertainment Data Pass: Get unlimited data for streaming on selected video and music services (worth £14.98 per month). This includes Apple Music, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube and more.
- BT Sport: Get access to all of the BT Sport channels on your phone (worth £20 per month). Watch Premier League football, rugby union, boxing, MotoGP, WWE, UFC and more.
- Apple TV+: Stream award-wining series, dramas and more on Apple TV+ (worth £4.99 per month).
- Apple Arcade: Get access to more than 200 premium games on your iPhone, without any ads or in-app purchases (worth £4.99 per month).
- Roam Abroad Pass: Use your plan allowances at no extra cost (up to a maximum of 50GB per month) when you travel abroad to the EU, Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the USA. This is worth £10 per month.
- Microsoft 365 Personal: Get the premium Microsoft Office applications across all of your devices including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote (worth £5.99 per month). There’s also 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage included.
If you like, you can pay an extra £5 per month to upgrade your All Rounder plan to include Apple One as a Smart Benefit.
Stay Connected Data
When you buy an iPhone 14 on EE, you’ll never need to worry about being cut off in the middle of the month for using too much data. This is because you’ll get Stay Connected Data included on your plan.
With Stay Connected Data, you’ll stay connected at speeds of up to 0.5Mbps, even when your data has run out. This is enough for browsing the web, using maps on your phone and messaging your friends through iMessage, WhatsApp and similar apps.
You can restore your full-speed data at any time by buying a data add-on. Alternatively, you can receive extra data as a gift from someone else on your EE family account.
Multi-Line Discounts & Data Gifting
If you add an extra line to your EE account, you can receive a multi-line discount on it. You’ll get a 20% discount on additional SIM-only plans and a 10% discount on additional Pay Monthly phone plans.
Inside your EE family account, you can move spare data between all of your plans. The My EE app will also allow you to manage your plans in one place, including how much data is remaining on each plan and the individual settings such as parental controls and bill caps.
Device Care Extras
On EE, you’ll benefit from an extended warranty on the iPhone 14 for the lifetime of your plan, until you leave or upgrade to a different phone. This is longer than the standard 12-month manufacturer warranty you get from Apple.
You’ll also be able to book an Annual Device Check-up at your nearest EE retail store, and there’s a £10 discount available every year to spend on a case or a screen protector for your phone.
Keeping Your Phone Number
If you’re switching from another mobile network to EE, it’s a straightforward process keeping your current phone number.
Start by ordering your new iPhone 14 from EE’s website. Once you’ve done that, you can request a PAC Code from your old network. This is available through your mobile network’s website or app, or when you text PAC to 65075.
Once your new iPhone arrives from EE, you can submit your PAC Code online. Your phone number transfer will then be scheduled (normally for the next working day).
For a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your phone number to EE, please select your current mobile network from the drop-down menu below:
For more information about the new iPhone 14 and the best deals on EE, please see EE’s official website.