Switching from Vectone Mobile to Virgin Mobile? It's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
Step 1: Get a PAC Code from Vectone Mobile
If you’d like to move your phone number from Vectone Mobile to Virgin Mobile, the first step is getting your Porting Authorisation Code (or PAC Code) from Vectone Mobile.
There are two ways to get a PAC Code from Vectone Mobile:
- By Text Message: You can get a Vectone Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Vectone Mobile.
- By Phone: You can get a PAC Code by calling Vectone Mobile. To do this, call them on 322 using your Vectone Mobile handset. Alternatively, dial 020 7179 0134 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Vectone Mobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
Here are some key things to know:
- A PAC Code is 9 digits long and follows the format ABC 123 456.
- Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it during this time, the PAC Code will expire and you'll need to request a new one.
- You shouldn't close your account at Vectone Mobile: it'll be closed automatically when your phone number is transferred to Virgin Mobile.
Don’t want to keep your Vectone Mobile phone number? You can switch to Virgin Mobile without taking your phone number with you. If you'd like to do this, get a STAC Code from Vectone Mobile instead.
Vectone Mobile STAC Code (Leave Vectone Mobile Without Keeping Your Number)
If you’d like to leave Vectone Mobile without keeping your phone number, you’ll need to request a STAC Code rather than a PAC Code. There are two ways to get a STAC Code from Vectone Mobile:
- By Text Message: You can get a Vectone Mobile STAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text STAC to 75075 to receive a STAC Code from Vectone Mobile.
- By Phone: You can get a STAC Code by calling Vectone Mobile. Call them on 322 using your Vectone Mobile handset. Alternatively, dial 020 7179 0134 from any other phone. You'll need to call during Vectone Mobile's opening hours (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-8pm).
Once you’ve gotten your STAC Code from Vectone Mobile, the rest of the process for joining Virgin Mobile remains the same.
Step 2: Order your new phone or SIM card from Virgin Mobile's website
You should now order your new phone or SIM card using the Virgin Mobile website. Please select the type of tariff you're intending to move to:
If you're looking for a SIM card from Virgin Mobile, the following deals from £6/month are currently most popular:
For a full list of available tariffs and the latest Virgin Mobile deals, please refer to this page on Virgin Mobile's website.
Alternatively, if you're getting your Virgin Mobile plan from a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:
Virgin Mobile will assign you with a temporary phone number during the transition process. This will allow you to test out the service before you finally transfer your phone number to Virgin Mobile.
Step 3: Give the PAC Code to Virgin Mobile
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Virgin Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working properly. If, for whatever reason, you need to return or change the handset or SIM card, it's best to do this before transferring your phone number.
Once you're happy to continue with the phone number transfer, contact Virgin Mobile and provide them with your PAC Code from Vectone Mobile.
Your PAC Code should be entered on Virgin Mobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Virgin Mobile by calling 789 on your Virgin Mobile handset. You can also call 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.
If you have a STAC Code from Vectone Mobile rather than a PAC Code, this can be provided to Virgin Mobile in the exact same way.
- You must provide the PAC Code to Virgin Mobile within 30 days of it being issued by Vectone Mobile. If the PAC Code has already expired, you'll need to return to step 1 and request a new PAC Code from Vectone Mobile.
- Vectone Mobile Pay As You Go customers: Try to use up your remaining credit as it can't be transferred to Virgin Mobile.
Step 4: Phone Number Transferred (Next Working Day)
As long as you've submitted your PAC Code to Virgin Mobile before 6pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). After 6pm, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
On the day of the transfer, you'll momentarily lose coverage on both mobile networks. When this happens, restart your handset on Virgin Mobile. You should find that the Virgin Mobile phone or SIM card will now associated with your original phone number.
- If you see an error message (e.g. "SIM card registration failed"), this means it's time to restart your phone.
- Once the phone number has been transferred to Virgin Mobile, your account on Vectone Mobile will automatically be closed. You'll receive a final bill from Vectone Mobile for any outstanding charges.
Any Other Questions?
In case of any problems during the transfer of your phone number, you should contact your new mobile network (Virgin Mobile) with details of the problem.
If you have any other questions on using a PAC Code, please see my in-depth guide to transferring your phone number between networks. You can also read the comments below from other visitors to this website.