Switching from Lycamobile to Sky Mobile? It's a straightforward process to keep your existing phone number.
Step 1: Obtain a PAC Code from Lycamobile
The first step is to contact Lycamobile to obtain your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC Code).
You can get a PAC Code from Lycamobile by calling 322 on your Lycamobile handset. Alternatively, dial 020 7132 0322 from any other phone.
You can request a PAC Code over the phone at any time during Lycamobile's opening hours:
|Monday - Friday||8.00am - 8.00pm|
|Saturday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Sunday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
Here are some key things to know:
- A PAC Code is 9 digits long and follows the format ABC 123 456.
- Lycamobile must provide a PAC code within 2 hours of your request. If they don't, they must provide a valid reason for why the PAC Code can't be issued. Your right to a PAC code is enshrined within clause 18 of Ofcom's "General Conditions of Entitlement".
- Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it during this time, the PAC code will expire and you'll need to request a new one.
- You shouldn't close your account at Lycamobile: it'll end automatically when your phone number is transferred to Sky Mobile.
Step 2: Order your new phone or SIM card from Sky Mobile's website
You should now order your new phone or SIM card using the Sky Mobile website. Please select the type of tariff you're intending to move to:
For a full list of available tariffs and the latest Sky Mobile deals, please refer to this page on Sky Mobile's website.
Sky Mobile will assign you with a temporary phone number during the transition process. This will allow you to test out the service before you finally transfer your phone number to Sky Mobile.
Step 3: Give the PAC Code to Sky Mobile
Once your new phone or SIM card arrives from Sky Mobile, switch it on and make sure everything's working properly. If you need to return/replace the new phone or SIM card, please do this before the phone number transfer.
Once you're happy to continue with the phone number transfer, contact Sky Mobile and provide them with your PAC Code.
Your PAC Code should be entered on Sky Mobile's online form. Alternatively, you can give the PAC Code to Sky Mobile by calling 03300 412 524 on your Sky Mobile handset. You can also call 03300 412 524 from any other phone.
- You must provide the PAC Code to Sky Mobile within 30 days of it being issued by Lycamobile. If the PAC Code has already expired, you'll need to return to step 1 and request a new PAC Code from Lycamobile.
- Lycamobile Pay As You Go customers: Try to use up your remaining credit as it can't be transferred to Sky Mobile.
Step 4: Phone Number Transferred (Next Working Day)
As long as you've submitted your PAC Code to Sky Mobile before 5.00pm, your phone number transfer will normally be scheduled for the next working day (Monday to Friday only, excluding English bank holidays). After 5.00pm, you'll need to wait one extra working day for your number to be transferred.
On the day of the transfer, you'll momentarily lose coverage on both mobile networks. When this happens, restart your handset on Sky Mobile. You should find that the Sky Mobile phone or SIM card will now associated with your original phone number.
- If you see an error message (e.g. "SIM card registration failed"), this means it's time to restart your phone.
- Once the phone number has been transferred to Sky Mobile, your account on Lycamobile will automatically be closed. You'll receive a final bill from Lycamobile for any outstanding charges.
Any Other Questions?
In case of any problems during the transfer of your phone number, you should contact your new mobile network (Sky Mobile) with details of the problem.