Sky Cinema now includes Paramount+ at no extra cost, allowing you to watch a mountain of entertainment including Scream 5, Halo, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and more.
In the UK, Sky Cinema now includes Paramount+ at no extra cost. Worth £6.99 per month from Paramount+, it gives you access to a mountain of entertainment with iconic shows like Halo, 1883, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and The First Lady. You’ll also get movies on the service, including Scream 5.
If you’re a Sky TV customer, you can add Sky Cinema for £12 per month on an 18-month contract, giving you access to an unrivalled range of blockbusters, and Paramount+ at no extra cost. Meanwhile, if you’re new to Sky, you can get Sky TV with Sky Cinema & Netflix for £38 per month.
In this article, we’ll look at the new Paramount+ service and what you’re able to watch on it. We’ll then look at the best Sky Cinema deals currently available, with Paramount+ included at no extra cost.
What’s On Paramount+?
In the UK, Paramount+ is a new online streaming service with blockbuster movies, original shows and television series. It’s the home of exclusive content from Paramount Pictures and the Showtime television network, along with the Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon channels.
It normally costs £6.99 per month to get a Paramount+ subscription. However, you can get it at no extra cost if you’re a Sky Cinema customer with Sky Q or Sky Glass.
At launch, you’ll be able to watch some of the following shows on Paramount+:
- Halo: This is a sci-fi television series that follows “an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant”. It’s a spin-off from the popular series of video games.
- 1883: Taylor Sheridan’s 1883 is an American western drama, and the prequel to the Yellowstone series. You’ll be able to stream both 1883 and Yellowstone on Paramount+.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds: You’ll be able to stream the latest Star Trek series on Paramount+. Alongside that, you’ll find a library of past Star Trek television series (including The Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery and Prodigy). You’ll also find the first eleven Star Trek films.
- The First Lady: Starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Viola Davis and Gillian Anderson, this drama television series looks at the life and family events of three US first ladies.
- Super Pumped: Based on the 2019 book, Super Pumped: The Battle For Uber, this drama looks at the rise and fall of Uber’s former CEO Travis Kalanick.
- The Man Who Fell To Earth: An alien arrives on earth with the mission to learn how to become human and to find the one woman who can help to save his species.
- Mayor of Kingstown: This popular crime thriller follows the powerful McLusky family, power brokers in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry.
You’ll also find a massive selection of movies on Paramount+ including some of the biggest franchises and award-winning classics. Movies available at launch include Mission Impossible: Fallout and Transformers. There will also be new releases through 2022, including Scream 5 which is due to be added in July. Alongside that, there are films for the whole family including Paw Patrol: The Movie, Jerry & Marge Go Large and Grease.
The Paramount+ service also has a range of children’s television series including Kamp Koral, Rugrats, The Adventures of Paddington and Paw Patrol.
Best Sky Cinema Deals
If you’re a Sky Cinema subscriber with Sky Glass or Sky Q, you’ll now get Paramount+ included at no extra cost (normally worth £6.99 per month from Paramount+). This is in addition to the unrivalled range of movies you’ll already get on Sky Cinema, including Sky Original films.
If you’re already a Sky TV customer, you can add Sky Cinema to your existing plan for just £12 per month.
Meanwhile, if you’re new to Sky, you can choose one of the following deals:
- Sky TV with Sky Cinema & Netflix (£38 per month plus a set-up fee of up to £20): For £38/month, you can enjoy endless entertainment with Sky TV, Sky Cinema and Netflix. Alongside that, you’ll get Paramount+ included at no extra cost.
- Sky TV with Sky Cinema, Sky Sports & Netflix (£58 per month plus a set-up fee of up to £20): Get Sky TV together with Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, Netflix and Paramount+. You’ll get all 8 Sky Sports channels included, along with 300+ channels on Sky TV and unlimited streaming from both Netflix and Paramount+.
You can also build your own custom plan incorporating other services like Sky Broadband.
As a Sky Cinema customer, you’ll be able to watch Paramount+ through the dedicated app on your Sky Glass TV or Sky Q box. Alongside that, you’ll get access to the Paramount+ app and website. You can use this to stream from other devices like your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
For more information about watching Paramount+ on Sky, please see Sky’s official website.
We'd love to hear your thoughts and any questions you may have. You can add your own comment here.