The Galaxy S22 Ultra is Samsung’s most powerful business smartphone with S-Pen functionality, a 6.8-inch screen and more.
If you’re looking for a new business smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is one of the most powerful devices you’re currently able to buy. It has integrated S-Pen functionality, allowing you to easily work and create whilst you’re on-the-go. You’ll also get an impressively bright 6.8-inch screen, a powerful quad-camera system and high-speed 5G connectivity.
At present, you can get the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra from £42.50/month plus £40.83 upfront (ex VAT) on Vodafone Business. This comes on a 36-month phone plan with a 24-month airtime plan with 25GB data. When you sign up, you’ll be able to claim a free pair of wireless Galaxy Buds Pro earphones (worth £219) along with a 12 month subscription to Disney+ (worth £96).
In this article, we’ll review the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for business, including what you’re able to do with it and the best Vodafone Business deals. We’ll also look at the other Samsung Galaxy phones available on Vodafone Business and the benefits of buying your business smartphone on Vodafone.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra For Business
- 2 Other Samsung Phones For Business
- 3 Vodafone Business Features
- 4 Network & Coverage
- 5 Keeping Your Phone Number
- 6 More Information
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra For Business
If you’re looking for a powerful smartphone that’ll allow you to work and stay connected on-the-go, Samsung’s Galaxy S22 Ultra is one of the best phones you’re currently able to buy.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra is perfect for on-the-go productivity. It features a built-in S Pen stylus, a super-sharp 6.8″ screen, a pro-grade camera and all-day battery life with fast charging. You’ll also get IP68 water resistance along with a solid design and high-speed 5G connectivity.
For business users, the real standout feature of the Galaxy S22 Ultra is the S Pen stylus that you’ll find embedded within the device. This is a pressure-sensitive stylus that you’re able to use to write and sketch directly on the screen. It’s sensitive to 4,096 levels of pressure so it should deliver a familiar experience, similar to writing with a pen or sketching on a piece of paper. You can use the S Pen for taking handwritten notes, free-form sketches, signing business documents and more.
With the Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung has worked to reduce the latency on the S Pen to just 2.8ms. This makes it faster and more responsive than ever before. The S Pen also has Bluetooth functionality, allowing you to use it as a remote control (e.g. for taking photos, navigating presentations, changing the volume level and more). You can use the S Pen as a Bluetooth remote control up to 10 metres away from your phone.
When the S Pen isn’t in use, you’ll be able to store it in a slot at the bottom of your device. This slot will also keep your S Pen fully charged, so it’ll be ready to use whenever you need it.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra has Samsung’s brightest ever screen for a smartphone. It has an adaptive display with a peak brightness of 1,750 nits so you’ll get a clear and bright picture, whether you’re using it indoors or outdoors. It uses Dynamic AMOLED 2X technology and is HDR10+ certified.
The screen on the Galaxy S22 Ultra measures 6.8-inches along the diagonal and is Quad HD+ resolution with 3088×1440 pixels. This gives it a super-sharp pixel density of 500 pixels per inch. The screen also has an adaptive refresh rate of up to 120Hz for smooth scrolling and a small ‘Infinity-O’ cut-out for the camera at the top of the display.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra has one of the best cameras available on any smartphone today. In fact, Samsung calls it a “pro-grade camera” to highlight the low-light photography capabilities and the 10x optical zoom that’s available.
You’ll find four cameras on the back of the Galaxy S22: a 108-megapixel wide-angle camera, a 12-megapixel ultra wide camera and two 10-megapixel telephoto cameras. Through a combination of the four cameras, you’ll get 10x optical zoom and 100x Space Zoom (which combines optical zoom and digital zoom).
The camera on the Galaxy S22 Ultra has built-in optical image stabilisation (OIS) to compensate for camera shake and blur. There’s also an “Expert RAW” shooting mode that gives you fine-grained control over settings like the ISO, the shutter speed, the white balance and more.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra also has a 40-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. This is found within the Infinity-O cut-out on the front of the screen.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with “all-day battery life”. It achieves this with a large 5,000mAh battery. The device supports 45W wired Super Fast Charging and 15W wireless charging.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra also has Wireless PowerShare functionality, allowing you to charge your other devices from the back of the phone (for instance, you can charge your Galaxy Watch or another Qi-enabled smartphone).
The Galaxy S22 Ultra also has the following features for business users:
- A tough design with IP68 water resistance. The Galaxy S22 Ultra has an “Armour Aluminium” frame for tougher drop and scratch resistance. You’ll also find Gorilla Glass Victus+ on both the front and the back of the device to protect it.
- Link with your Windows 10 computer. You can now link your Samsung Galaxy device with a Windows 10 computer for a seamless experience across the two devices. For instance, you’ll be able to open your Android apps on a Windows 10 computer, complete with your messages, data, notifications and more.
- Samsung Knox. The Galaxy S22 Ultra is protected by Knox. This keeps your data safe with a secure processor, secure memory and more. There’s also a Secure Folder on the device to isolate and protect your sensitive content.
- 5 years of software updates. Samsung has promised four years of major OS updates and five years of software updates for the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
- Ultrafast 5G connectivity. The Galaxy S22 Ultra supports the latest 5G technology, giving you access to faster 5G download speeds when you’re out and about.
On Vodafone Business, you’ll currently be able to claim a free pair of wireless Galaxy Buds Pro earphones (worth £219) and a free 12 month subscription to Disney+ (worth £96) when you order the Galaxy S22 Ultra. This is available from £42.50/month plus £40.83 upfront (ex VAT).
Other Samsung Phones For Business
If you’re looking for another Samsung Galaxy device, there are lots of other Samsung Galaxy phones available on Vodafone Business. These include:
- Samsung Galaxy S22+: This has a smaller 6.6-inch screen and a triple-camera system, without the S Pen functionality found on the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
- Samsung Galaxy S22: The Galaxy S22 has a smaller 6.1-inch screen and a triple-camera system. It’s a cheaper alternative to both the Galaxy S22+ and the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3: This is Samsung’s latest foldable smartphone. It has two displays: a 6.2-inch screen on the front cover of the device, opening up to reveal a 7.6-inch display inside.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3: This is Samsung’s latest flip phone. You can open it up to reveal a 6.7-inch display. There’s also a 1.9-inch display on the outside for your messages and notifications.
There are also lots of cheaper devices available such as the Galaxy S21 and the Galaxy A52s. If you’re looking for a rugged device, you can also consider the Galaxy Xcover 5 which has military grade shock protection and IP68 water and dust resistance.
For a full list of available smartphones, see the Vodafone Business website.
Vodafone Business Features
5G Coverage At No Extra Cost
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra supports the latest 5G technology. As all Vodafone Business plans include 5G at no extra cost, you’ll be able to access Vodafone’s 5G network in more than 100 UK towns and cities.
When you’re using Vodafone’s 5G network, you can expect much faster download speeds compared to 4G. On average, 5G download speeds are around 150-200Mbps (about five times faster than 4G). You’ll also benefit from more network capacity and a lower amount of latency.
EVO for Sole Traders
The Galaxy S22 Ultra is available on Vodafone’s EVO for Sole Traders.
Unlike traditional 24-month contracts, EVO for Sole Traders allows you to choose the length of your own phone plan (between 12 months and 36 months in length). You can also upgrade your phone as soon as you’re 12 months into your plan. If you like, there’s the option to trade-in an eligible handset for an instant saving on your new phone.
Xtra Plan Benefits
All Vodafone EVO airtime plans come with between 2 and 4 Xtra plan benefits included. The Xtra plan benefits can include the following:
- Device Care: The Device Care Xtra allows you to book a Tech Expert appointment at your nearest Vodafone retail store. As part of that, you’ll be able to get a health check on the battery, software and storage. Vodafone’s Tech Experts can also give you a device valuation in case you want to trade-in your phone.
- Unlimited Picture Messages: All Vodafone Xtra plans include unlimited MMS (picture messages) inside the UK.
- 50% off Smartwatch Connectivity: If you choose a Vodafone EVO airtime plan with at least 3 Xtra plan benefits, you’ll get a 50% discount on Vodafone’s business smartwatch connectivity plans.
- Unlimited Data Boosters: If you choose a limited data plan with 4 Xtra Benefits, you’ll get up to 6 Unlimited Data Boosters included. You can activate the Unlimited Data Boosters whenever you like to get unlimited data for the next 30 days.
- 83 Roam-Free Destinations: If you choose an unlimited data plan with 4 Xtra Benefits, you’ll get access to Vodafone’s Global Roaming Plus. This allows you to use your mobile phone at no extra cost in 83 destinations around the world.
The following table summarises the Xtra benefits you’ll get on each Vodafone EVO airtime plan:
|Plans with 2 Xtra Benefits
|Plans with 3 Xtra Benefits
|Plans with 4 Xtra Benefits
|Unlimited Picture Messages
|50% off Smartwatch Connectivity
|Unlimited Data Boosters
|✔ Yes, on limited data plans
|83 Roam-Free Destinations
|✔ Yes, on unlimited data plans
As a Vodafone Business customer, you’ll get access to the VeryMe Rewards customer loyalty programme. This gives you exclusive access to treats and giveaways from brands including Costa Coffee, Vue, Thortful, Candy Kittens and more.
You’ll also get an Eat Local membership included as part of VeryMe Rewards. This is powered by the Gourmet Society and it gives you access to discounts and offers at independent restaurants and cafés across the UK (such as 2-for-1 meals and 25% off food and drink).
You can add a range of business-specific add-ons to your Vodafone Business plan:
- Business Rapid Insurance: For peace of mind that you’ll be able to stay connected to your customers, Vodafone offers Rapid phone insurance from £6/month (exc VAT). If required, you’ll get a replacement mobile phone within just 4 hours on Rapid insurance. This will be delivered fully charged and ready-to-use out of the box, allowing you to get back up and running in no time.
- Business Support: For an extra £4/month (exc VAT), the Business Support add-on gives you HR and legal support. The Business Support service includes access to legal document templates as well as a helpline for speaking with qualified HR experts and lawyers.
- Device Support: For an extra £2/month (exc VAT), the Device Support add-on gives you expert technical support which is available 7 days per week, from 8am to 9pm (from 9am on weekends). The experts can help with all of your connected devices including your smartphone, printer, laptop or tablet. You’ll also get 100GB of secure cloud storage for your data.
- One Net Anywhere: For an extra £10/month (exc VAT), you can get a virtual landline phone number. This will call through to your mobile phone. You can also set the landline number as your caller ID to give your business a more localised feel.
Vodafone OneNumber & Business Smartwatches
It can often be convenient leaving your smartphone at home (for instance, when you go to the gym or when you go for a run).
With Vodafone OneNumber, you’ll be able to get a connected Samsung Galaxy smartwatch with access to your phone number, messages, notifications and more. You’ll also be able to make and receive phone calls with your normal phone number on the watch.
If you choose a Vodafone EVO airtime plan with at least 3 Xtra benefits, you’ll get a 50% discount on your Smartwatch Connectivity plan.
According to Vodafone, they’ve won “best network for business” in the annual Mobile Industry Awards 2021. This was in recognition of their SMB support, customer service initiatives and investment in new network technology.
Network & Coverage
Before you sign up for a Vodafone Business plan, it’s worth double-checking the coverage in your area. You can do this by entering your postcode on Vodafone’s online coverage map:
The coverage map will also give you an estimate of the download speeds and upload speeds available in your area. To see this, tap on the “Data speed info” button after entering your postcode.
For more information, see our guide to Vodafone’s network coverage.
Keeping Your Phone Number
If you’re switching from another mobile network to Vodafone Business, it’s a straightforward process keeping your current phone number.
Start by asking your old mobile network to give you a PAC Code. You can get one through your mobile network’s website or app, or by texting PAC to 65075. Once you have your PAC, you’ll be able to place your Vodafone Business order online.
Once your new mobile phone arrives, you’ll be able to set it up and provide your PAC Code to Vodafone. The transfer of your phone number will then be scheduled, normally for the next working day.
For a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your phone number to Vodafone, please select your current mobile network from the drop-down menu below: