You’ll get 6 months of free Disney+ on your O2 SIM card or handset, or up to 6 months of other O2 Extras like Amazon Prime Video.
If you buy a Pay Monthly phone, SIM card or tablet from O2, you’ll get six months of free Disney+ included on your plan. This allows you to watch hours of on-demand content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. You can watch the content on up to ten devices, including your smart TV, laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
As an alternative to getting Disney+, you can choose a different O2 Extra to add to your plan. Other extras currently available include a subscription to Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Audible or Cafeyn. Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll either get an inclusive 3 month subscription or a 6 month subscription to your O2 Extra.
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at O2 Extras and O2’s six months of Disney+ offer. We’ll look at the O2 Extras you can get on each price plan, what’s included, what isn’t included, and the price plans that will give you access to O2 Extras.
What Are O2 Extras?
Inclusive O2 Extras
In the UK, O2 now includes an O2 Extra with all of their Pay Monthly SIM cards (12 month and 18 month plans) and Pay Monthly handsets and tablets sold on an O2 Refresh plan. The most popular option is 6 months of free Disney+ which is available exclusively to customers on O2.
As an alternative to Disney+, you can choose a different O2 Extra on some price plans such as a subscription to Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Audible or Cafeyn. Your eligibility for other O2 Extras will depend on your plan, with customers receiving either a 3-month or 6-month subscription to these services.
The following table summarises the inclusive O2 Extras you’re able to get on price plans from O2:
|O2 Price Plan
|Inclusive O2 Extras
|Pay Monthly SIM (12 or 18 months)
|Pay Monthly Phone (on O2 Refresh)
|Pay Monthly Tablet (on O2 Refresh)
You’ll need to choose your free O2 Extra within 28 days of starting your contract and once you’ve chosen it, you’ll have a further 28 days to redeem it.
Unfortunately, O2 Extras are not currently available to O2 Pay As You Go customers.
O2 Extra Options
At present, you can choose from the following O2 Extras:
- Disney+ (6 months free): Watch on-demand content like movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. This is worth £5.99/month (almost £36 in total for the free 6-month subscription).
- Amazon Prime Video (3 or 6 months free): Watch thousands of movies and TV shows on-demand including Amazon Originals like Star Trek: Picard, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. Worth £5.99/month.
- Amazon Music Unlimited (3 or 6 months free): Listen to 60 million songs on-demand with unlimited, ad-free playback. Worth £9.99/month.
- Audible (3 or 6 months free): Listen to the world’s largest collection of audiobooks and podcasts, wherever you are. Worth £7.99/month.
- Cafeyn (3 or 6 months free): Read your favourite newspapers and magazines on-the-go, with access to thousands of titles. Worth £7.99/month.
- MelodyVR (3 or 6 months free): Experience concerts, shows, festivals and more in an immersive virtual reality experience. Worth £9.99/month.
- McAfee Mobile Security Plus (3 or 6 months free): Protect your mobile device with safe web browsing, security scan and more. Worth £4.99/month.
- Calm (3 or 6 months free): An application to help you relax, meditate and sleep. Includes hundreds of sleep stories, soundscapes and relaxing songs. Worth £5.99/month.
- O2 International Bolt-On (free for the length of your plan, up to 36 months): Call international numbers from 1p/minute. Worth £3/month.
At the end of your initial 3-month or 6-month subscription, the service will automatically renew onto a paid-for subscription unless you cancel it through the My O2 website or app.
Disney+ on O2
At present, the most popular O2 Extra is the 6 months of free Disney+. This is exclusive to O2 customers and is not available to customers of any other mobile network.
You’ll get a free 6-month Disney+ subscription on all O2 Pay Monthly SIM cards (12 month and 18 month plans) as well as Pay Monthly handsets and tablets sold on an O2 Refresh plan. This subscription is worth £5.99/month (so just under £36 in total) and allows you to watch entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. After the first 6 months, it will revert to £5.99/month unless you cancel it in the MyO2 app or website.
Your Disney+ subscription isn’t limited only to your smartphone and can be used on up to any compatible device (including your smart TV, laptop, tablet and smartphone). It’s possible to use Disney+ on up to 10 devices, with streaming on up to 4 devices at the same time.
The Disney+ subscription doesn’t include your mobile data usage within the Disney+ app. This will continue to count as normal towards your data allowance on O2 if you’re watching content on a 3G, 4G or 5G connection.
If you’re currently in the middle of your contract with O2, you can add Disney+ as a paid-for Standalone Extra at the price of £5.99/month (with a minimum term of 6 months). If you do this, O2 will give you a recurring £2/month discount on your phone bill, essentially making it just £3.99/month for Disney+. This £2 discount isn’t available if you’ve finished 6 months of free Disney+ and rolled onto a paid-for subscription.
O2 Plans With Disney+ & O2 Extras
At present, you can get 6 months of free Disney+ on O2 price plans starting from £15/month.
For 6 months of another O2 Extra like Amazon Prime Video or Amazon Music Unlimited, price plans currently start from £22/month (as you’ll need to choose a SIM card with at least 50GB of data per month).
18 Month SIM Cards
For the lowest possible price, choose one of the following 18-month SIM cards from O2:
|No price plans could be found matching this criteria.
12 Month SIM Cards
If you want a little more flexibility, it’s also possible to choose a 12-month SIM-only deal on O2:
(may rise during contract)
All of O2’s Pay Monthly SIM cards will give you access to 5G at no extra cost. You’ll also get discounts and offers through the O2 Priority application.
For more information about O2 Extras, see O2’s official website. You can also read the in-depth terms and conditions of the O2 Extra offer.