Upgrading to a new handset or SIM card on EE? You won't need a PAC Code to keep your current phone number.

Step 1: Order your new phone or SIM card from EE's website

As you're staying on EE, it's not necessary to obtain a PAC Code. Instead, you can process your phone number transfer internally inside of EE.

Start by ordering your new phone or SIM card using the EE website. Please select the type of tariff you're intending to move to:

If you're looking for a SIM card from EE, the following deals from £10/month are currently most popular:

12 months
12 months
24 months
24 months
24 months

For a full list of available tariffs and the latest EE deals, please refer to this page.

Alternatively, if you're upgrading your EE plan through a reseller, tap on their logo for more information:

Step 2: Contact EE To Transfer Your Phone Number

After receiving your new phone or SIM card, please contact EE to transfer your phone number to the new plan. You can do this by calling 150 from your EE handset. Alternatively, dial 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

You can contact EE at any time during their opening hours:

Monday - Friday8am - 8pm
An extended service costing 50p/call is available between 8pm-10pm on weekdays.
Saturday8am - 6pm
An extended service costing 50p/call is available between 6pm-8pm on the weekend.
Sunday8am - 6pm
An extended service costing 50p/call is available between 6pm-8pm on the weekend.

View Latest Deals from EE →

Any Other Questions?

In case of any problems during the transfer of your phone number, you should contact your new mobile network (EE) with details of the problem.

If you have any other questions on using a PAC Code, please see my in-depth guide to transferring your phone number between networks. You can also read the comments below from other visitors to this website.

← Full Article: "PAC Codes - How to transfer your mobile number when switching networks"

Your Comments 1,942 so far

We'd love to hear your comments on transferring a phone number within EE. The comments below are from people who've made the same transfer. You can add your own comments here.

To view all 1942 comments about transferring a phone number, please visit the main PAC Code article.

  • Hi Ken, I am about to sign up to a new deal provided by a third party, both this contract and my current one are with EE. EE have told me that to keep my current number I will have to request a PAC code, transfer it to another network, then repeat the process back to EE on the new phone/contract. This seems a little long-winded, is this the correct process, or is there an easier way?

    Thank you.

    • Hi Gree,
      Thanks for your comment. Technically speaking, there’s no reason why EE couldn’t process this internally within their own systems. However, yes, it’s often the case they’ll ask you to port out to another network and then back in with a PAC Code. It’s a major faff but the reason for it is because they often have cheaper deals for new customers who join through a third-party retailer. Those deals are offered on the basis that they’re bringing new customers to the network and aren’t usually offered to existing EE customers. By porting out to another network and then rejoining as a new customer, you classify as a new EE customer rather than as an existing EE customer upgrading to a new plan.
      Hope this helps,

  • I was told by EE that I would need to do a triangle port as I was changing contracts using a third party provider – I’ve managed to do one change from EE to a new provider and I’m trying to switch back to EE – do I need a different PAC code? Is it of one time use only?
    All help gratefully received

  • Wayne Ridley said:

    My Ee contract is coming to an end and I need an upgrade. I contacted the upgrade department but they couldn’t match a deal (still with ee) but through a 3rd party. Will i be able to keep my number?

Load more comments (25)

Leave a Reply